Satisfies customer needs through leadership, coordination and liaison among field sales, end users, sales channels and manufacturing. Provides technical support and expertise by developing application concepts for heat tracing system materials and engineering services.
- Configures and proposes heat trace system designs including standard and custom controls to increase the sales of Chromalox products and technology.
- Prepares technical and price proposals and assists in the planning and execution of proposed sales and marketing strategies.
- Works with heat trace panel design engineering and manufacturing to determine cost and delivery estimates for standard and special products or systems.
- Generates electric heat tracing isometrics, panelboard schedules, power and sensor location plans, standard or specific detailed installation instructions and other design engineering deliverables associated with heat tracing installation.
- Assists Field Sales Engineers in optimizing profitable sales and growth in the heat trace product line by participating in meeting order booking objectives and profits.
- Participates with Field Sales Engineers in solving technical problems in applying Chromalox products or technology to meet specific customer requirements; provides guidance or advice to Field Sales Engineers in application of products and systems in customer applications, etc.
- Develops and maintains proficiency in technical details of the Chromalox heat trace product line, industry best practices, code requirements and third party agency requirements. Sustains a good working knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical interfaces, product applications, and competitive aspects of the heat tracing market price.
- Leads project management effort with customer and end user upon project award including kickoff meetings, outside vendors and scheduling.
- Makes on-site visits to assist customers and field sales engineers to promote product sales, investigate and promote new applications, and handle unusual technical or customer application problems.
- Reviews instruction manuals, specifications, application notes and other literature as required to support sales and marketing for the heat trace product lines.
- Participates in customer service training sessions as required and scheduled; assists in training of field sales engineers.
- Plans and schedules daily work activities and makes the most effective use of time and expenses incurred in travel and in plant work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other appropriate technical degree or equivalent experience required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Project management experience including writing engineering specifications, managing contract services and customer interface responsibilities.
- Position may require travel to customer locations