Designs and develops new or improved product and equipment systems design. Products are to be marketable and meet established performance specifications. Performs engineering support for the manufacture of products and equipment systems in production.
- Performs product design and prepares electrical and mechanical CAD drawings and Bills of Material for industrial control systems to meet international, national and other standards, and specifications of customers, engineering, manufacturing or marketing. Performs analytical work as required; performs equipment evaluation or designs bench test work as required; and provides special instructions and manuals for products. Develops and validates PLC and HMI software.
- On assigned jobs or projects, selects vendors and components suitable for inclusion in the product or job design considering quality level, performance, cost and availability. Obtain quotes for new components, and participates in preparing product and project cost estimates.
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing and materials departments in regard to production hardware, tools, processes, production control and material problems, drawings, etc. as requested.
- Conducts feasibility studies or pilot programs to determine company capability to build a product or a part to conform to required specifications. Prepares appropriate reports and recommendations.
- Participates in or writes test procedures and designs test fixtures for products to meet specified test or inspection limits for the product or job specifications. Participates in solving production problems identified through testing.
- Prepares technical reports on product performance capabilities and reliability. Participates in preparation of technical bulletins, instruction manuals, or reports.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Three years’ experience with electrical/control design engineering, including PLC programming.
- Knowledge of drafting techniques and engineering terminology.
- Ability to analyze complex specifications.
- Ability to compute complex and highly statistical specifications.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Inventor Mechanical and/or AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
- NEC, UL and/or IEC/EN knowledge preferred.