The Artistic Administration Intern will work closely with staff on various tasks relating to the day-to-day operations of an opera company. Tasks and projects will include:
- Assist with database management and special data projects;
- Assist with event preparation and execution;
- Conduct research;
- Provide box office support, fielding ticket requests and compiling ticket information;
- Edit and prepare materials related to classical programming, including artist welcome packets and programs;
- General office duties.
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager but will interact with other employees and volunteers on a number of cross-departmental projects.
OperaDelaware is committed to ensuring this internship program is as beneficial to the intern as it is to the company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to craft individual professional development goals with executive staff.
- Fall 2017: mid-September through early December (approximately 10-16 hours/week)
- Spring 2018: early January through early May (approximately 10-16 hours/week)
- Priority will be given to candidates who can make a year-long commitment (September 2017-May 2018)