Lorien Wood, a private Christ-centered school located in Vienna, VA (just outside of Washington, D.C.) seeks a full-time Elementary school teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
Our school’s mission is to help children explore God’s world and discover their place in it, by cultivating their intellect, character, faith, and curiosity. A Biblical worldview is foundational to all we teach and we use a Biblical framework for seeing and understanding the world. Our teachers work in a collaborative environment as they create and implement units of study based on an integral curriculum. For more information about our model and integral curriculum, visit our website at www.lorienwood.org.
We seek educators who:
• have a deep love for and strong relationship with Jesus Christ,
• are life-long learners,
• have a passion and skill for helping children explore God's world,
• possess the knowledge and instructional skills to prepare students to succeed in future grades and assess progress towards that end,
• have a proven track record of building relationships and creating positive classroom culture with students of this age,<br/>
• recognize the importance of partnering with parents in the nurture and education of children,
• embrace our unique education model and will eagerly collaborate with fellow faculty members,
• will enthusiastically serve as a contributing member of our school community.
Successful candidates will agree wholeheartedly with Lorien Wood’s Mission, Distinctives, and Statement of Faith. A Bachelor's degree and teaching experience is required. Collaborative skills, enthusiasm, and perseverance are a must.