The Restoration Technician will perform water extraction, set up drying equipment, demolition, post-fire cleaning (contents and structure), mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, light home repair work, and manual labor.
- Respond as the initial contact for emergency water/fire jobs – duties include: taking photos, cause of loss and all affected rooms with any of its affected contents, consider job scope with measurements and contact of third party representatives as needed.
- Interact with customers to include obtaining signed work authorizations prior to starting the work.
- Take inventory and pictures of contents to determine whether contents are salvageable or not.
- Must be able to use specialized equipment for disaster restoration including, but not limited to: Heat exchangers, air movers, dehumidifiers, floor mat system, wall drying systems, gym floor drying systems, ozone machine, fogging machine, ultrasonic machines, pressure washers, dry ice blaster, ect.
- Perform testing of surfaces for water content and direct actions according to readings.
- Perform mold remediation, sewage clean up, smoke damage cleaning, and other types of jobs as necessary.
- Pack and manipulate contents to another unaffected room or pack it out of the affected building and take to storage.
- Perform board ups on windows, doors, and roofs to make a building secure.
- Perform general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and moving materials regularly.
- Recognize when there may be lead or asbestos present and call manager to get testing done before proceeding with work.
- Must be available for emergency work calls and off hours work as needed (may occasionally include nights and weekends as necessary). Standard hours are M-F.
- Maintain, clean, and inventory shop and equipment.
- Works under supervision of the Estimator and/or Project Manager.
- Keep needed materials stocked and on hand ie. Trash bags, plastic, filters, PPE, Microban.
- Track mileage and routine maintenance on vehicles.
- COC signed and picked up on last day of job.
- Retrieve samples of all materials being replaced and pass off to Estimator. i.e. paint sample, trim, flooring.
- Have a working knowledge of current smart phone for calls/emails and be able to utilize (Restoration Manager) RM for uploading and downloading of pictures and scopes.
Requires high school education or equivalent.
Requires two or more years experience with manual labor/ construction field and willingness to learn. Preferred experience in water/fire damage and restoration.
Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license, a reliable work vehicle, and current insurance. Also must be have good driving history approved by FGS insurance.
Ability to be on-call required for 24-hour emergency services (as needed).
Maintain a professional appearance.
Ability to drive and park large trucks/trailers.
IICRC certifications preferred
Physical capabilities to carry out job responsibilities including the ability to lift 80-100 lbs., stand for extended periods of time, ability to walk, talk and have use of both hands.
Able to follow direction and work as a team