The Carpenter will construct, install, and repair structures in the construction field. The Carpenter will have knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, quality, cost and safety.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, doors, siding, decks, soffit & fascia and trim, or hardware using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Operate hand and power tools associated with the carpentry trade.
- Perform interior and exterior carpentry work involved in the construction, remodeling, repair and general maintenance of buildings and facilities. May include finish/trim and rough carpentry work.
- Perform demolition, labor, and clean up on job sites as needed.
- Requisition materials and supplies from inventory and orders from vendors.
- Make sketches, read blueprints and diagrams.
- Clean, sharpen and perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Manage all job materials.
- Supervise laborers or technicians as needed, assigns and inspects work regularly.
- May build, erect, and work on scaffolding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of four or more years of carpentry or related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and current insurance.
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Must possess high attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills and time management skills.
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to:
- Work indoors/outdoors subject to changing conditions.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time with occasional bending and kneeling.
- Reach overhead.
- Lift, carry, push, and pull objects occasionally up to 100lbs.
- Willing to travel locally within 1-2 hours of Madison as needed.