As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
- Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
- Experience setting and planning department (s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members, leaders and creating business strategies and goals
- Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As an Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a guest-obsessed culture that prioritizes the guest experience and delivers on store sales goals
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit - both long and short term.
- Manage leaders to follow up on training completion, check for understanding, and provide continuous education opportunities.
- Engage in consistent and meaningful development conversations throughout the critical touch points with Team leaders.
- Personalize recognition and appreciation to reinforce critical guest service behaviors and promote a positive team and guest centric culture.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management (observe, recognize and coach) on critical behaviors.
- Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow up on opportunity areas.
- Quickly respond to any negative guest shopping experience by de-escalating the situation and ensuring your team understands and feels supported to make things right for the guest.
- Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your Team Leaders based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
- Plan, manage and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.