As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
- Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
- Experience setting and planning department (s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members, leaders and creating business strategies and goals
- Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MERCHANDISE
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work. At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
THE ROLE OF A GENERAL MERCHANDISE SALES EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Experience setting and planning department(s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
- Knowledge of the competition; leveraging insights to drive business objectives
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members and leaders; creating business specific strategies and goals
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
AS A GENERAL MERCHANDISE SALES EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER, NO TWO DAYS ARE EVER THE SAME, BUT A TYPICAL DAY WILL MOST LIKELY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impact total store profitability.
- Manage a team that executes inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store.
- Mange a team that are experts in in operations, accuracy and efficiency.
- Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work (if applicable).
- Create a guest-obsessed culture and lead your team to prioritize the guest experience and deliver on store sales goals.
- Develop a strategy and utilize your workload planning tools to complete all scheduled workload ensuring you are guest ready at all times.
- Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your team leaders based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
- Conduct regular check-ins with your team to ensure completion of tasks and workload.
- Manage all General Merch backroom and sales floor areas, review all reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
- Oversee GM Team Leaders workload planning including transitions, revisions and sales plans for all GM areas
- Know and assess the competition; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
- Model and coach the team on how to balance tasks with guest service.
- Plan, manage and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
- Anticipate and identify changes in unique store trends.
- Develop and coach your Team Leaders to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit - both long and short term.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.