dvocates of guest experience who welcome, thank and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up. At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
THE ROLE OF A SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
- Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Experience setting and planning department monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members, leaders and creating Service and Engagement business strategies and goals
- Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
AS A SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER, NO TWO DAYS ARE EVER THE SAME, BUT A TYPICAL DAY WILL MOST LIKELY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a team of passionate and knowledgeable Guest Advocates and Service and Engagement Leaders who strive to exceed guest service expectations by focusing on decreasing wait time, friendly guest interaction, and service recovery.
- Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impacts total store profitability.
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit - both long and short term.
- Manage leaders to follow up on training completion, check for understanding, and provide continuous education opportunities to drive proficiencies for all front of store experiences.
- Engage in consistent and meaningful development conversations throughout the critical touch points within Service and Engagement Team leader career path.
- Personalize recognition and appreciation to reinforce critical guest service behaviors and promote a positive team and guest centric culture.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management (observe, recognize and coach) on critical Service and Engagement behaviors.
- Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow up on opportunity areas.
- Quickly respond to any negative guest shopping experience by de-escalating the situation and ensuring your team understands and feels supported to make things right for the guest.
- Create schedules that follow the scheduling allocation and guidelines to support peak traffic times, key holiday events, and weekends.
- Manage the store experience by anticipating and/or reacting with urgency to staffing or scheduling needs based on fluctuations in guest traffic and sales.
- Ensure team leader schedules support a frictionless experience during guest peak traffic times for all shopping preferences (checklanes, SCO, OPU/Drive-up).
- Be the champion of physical and digital offerings to ensure your team can inform, educate, and promote the suite of benefits, features, and offerings that reward our guest and/or enhance their shopping experience (Including REDcard and Wallet).
- Expect and enable your team to stay up-to-date on upcoming major promotions, brand launches, and events.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- All other duties based on business needs.