Under Armour’s Summer League Rookie Program offers current college students the chance to get inside the world’s most dynamic brand in sports. While interning at Under Armour, Rookies will be key players in advancing our mission: Under Armour makes you better.
You will spend your summer making an impact on your team, learning from others through mentoring, networking, and training, and experiencing what it’s like to live in a great city and work for a fast-paced, innovative, and growing company. This is an opportunity to be part of the Technical Design team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the development of prototypes from design concept to production
- Help communicate sample corrections and comments with vendors and cross-functional partners
- Build technical packages including Bill of Materials, garment specifications, technical sketches and construction call-outs
- Able to independently identify fit issues. Partners with teammates to perform fit adjustments and communicate changes needed to improve garment fit and function. Application of basic pattern skills.
- Analyze samples to identify discrepancies prior to fitting. Ensure samples reflect category standards for fit, construction, quality, and audits for discrepancies
- Experience fitting on live models and virtual models including size sets
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Able to build accurate development Tech Packs
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, a PLM system, Excel and Gerber or Optitex PDS
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and manage demand for a high-volume department • Excellent organizational skills