The Marketing & Administrative intern will play a role in assisting with communicating with our families, schools, partners, and team members. They'll be a valuable part of the Marketing & Admin team, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Admin. Their core function is to assist the Marketing Director and Marketing assistant in any way needed. Through family/school outreach, social media efforts, parent communication (via phones and email) and digital marketing efforts.
As a piece of the role, the Marketing & Admin intern might be asked to work fairs, clinics, and other marketing events to help promote Kids in the Game programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating communications in the form of email, Mailchimp, newsletters, direct mail, flyers and others to build and maintain deep relationships with Kids in the Game families.
- Engage in presentations with potential schools and partners interested in Kids in the Game programs
- Plan and participate in community events to engage families that may be interested in Kids i the Game programs, clinics, and camps.
- Develop and manage projects related to social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Medium, etc.
- Visit existing programs to take photographs, videos, etc for creative marketing materials.
- Assist with back-end registration and payments for school programs and camp.
- Produce reports, analyze, and present findings on the status of ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Work expectations are set with the Director of Marketing and Admin.
- The Marketing & Admin intern is required to treat our clients and partners with the utmost care and attention. Expectations are to treat them kindly and to respond in a timely matter, guided by the Kids in the Game Core Values.
- The Marketing & Admin intern must be able to work within a team environment and independently. The Marketing & Admin intern must have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be called upon to assist in solving problems for our families and go above and beyond to promote safety, fun, and a family spirit.
- The Marketing & Admin intern is expected to communicate quickly and efficiently with direct manager and other leadership team members. Use of organization-wide communication channels and policies are required (Slack, Email, Google Calendar, others as assigned).
- The Marketing & Admin interns are encouraged to pursue outside learning, formal training, conferences, networking events, and other professional growth opportunities.