We are hiring part-time sports coaches to lead recess, physical education, and after school sports classes and teams as part of our year-round sports-based programming. Our coaches are responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a range of weekly activities for children ages 5-13 that promote creative play and skill development through individual, group, and team-based instruction. Typically, our coaches work in different schools throughout the week, where they coach anywhere from 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on availability and skill set) at a competitive hourly rate.
- Lead age-appropriate sports lessons and group games for 15-20 children in school-based and after school settings.
- Implement a curriculum of engaging activities that can be adapted to children’s various learning styles and developmental needs.
- Display patience and utilize positive behavior management skills to manage children’s behaviors and respond to their needs.
What you will love about us:
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city.
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development.
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing.
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities.
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events.