Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Are you seeking a summer internship where you can learn how to conduct your own research and take on real strategic problems in the tech industry? Adobe Design Research & Strategy (ADRS) is searching for experience research interns who will work in areas with high business impact.
We are a team of researchers with a wide range of backgrounds, including Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, Computer Science, Design and Management, Linguistics and more. We are excited to learn more about you, your background and your curiosity about human-centered design!
All 2024 Adobe interns will be ‘co-located hybrid. This means that interns will be assigned to an Adobe office location, but in-office schedules will be flexible and determined by team. All interns must live in the same state, country, and within commuting distance of their assigned Adobe office so they can be on-site as needed.
What You’ll Do
With the support of a mentor in Adobe Design Research & Strategy (ADRS), you will learn how to conduct research in an area with high business impact..
• Get up to speed with the topic/problem: You will meet with collaborators to understand their needs, including designers, product managers, developers and other researchers. After reviewing any previous research on the topic, you will propose your own study that strives to provide net-new insight for Adobe.
• Own your research: You will develop key artifacts needed to complete a research study, including a research plan, screener, recruiting strategy and moderator guide. Then you will start your research!
• Communicate findings and recommendations through storytelling: You will work with your mentor to present what you've learned and be decisive on what Adobe should do next. You will manage multiple opportunities to share your research before you leave Adobe, including meetings with core collaborators, the Intern Project Expo and Adobe Design’s intern showcase.
You will leave your internship ready to lead your own research study, and Adobe will have new research recommendations and ideas that we can put into action. .
What You Need to Succeed
• Currently enrolled full time and pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in psychology (social, organizational, cognitive, applied or experimental), anthropology, sociology, human-computer interaction, strategic design & management, marketing, business or communications; or equivalent degree required. (Coursework on human-centered research practices is a plus.)
• Previous project, internship or work experience in human-centered research. We are curious about your experience with listening, observing and communicating through reports and slide decks. (Qualitative research and consulting experience are major pluses.)
• Ability to take initiative and drive projects with strong organizational skills.
• Experience building open, positive relationships in teams with many moving parts.
• Experience quickly processing new information and adapting to challenges.
• Experience leading through ambiguous and complex situations.
• Ability to participate in a full time internship between May-September
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this positionis $45.00 -- $55.00 hourly. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay rate for your job location during the hiring process.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email email@example.com or call (408) 536-3015.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands— everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.