MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: representing H&B at trade shows/conferences for explanations of products and services. Serve as a liaison between the sales team and customers as a reference for product knowledge/innovation. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE REGION.
- Provides Technical Support to the Architectural and Engineering communities
- Assists Sales by providing product specific Technical information
- Assures H&B products are specified through direct marketing with A/E firms
- Uses programs including but not limited to Dodge, REED Connect to research project leads
- Follows up with project leads provided by others
- Helps Contractors submit substitution requests when necessary to the project requirements
- Reviews project specifications and drawings
- Provides educational programs to firms, Associations, conferences, etc. as approved by department Director
- Attends Architecturally focused trade shows as MiTek representative
- Attends appropriate regional or chapter meetings of professional organizations including but not limited to Construction Specifications Institute, American Institute of Architects, etc.
- Reports industry intelligence to assist with product development
- Site visits as required to verify product installation, provide instructions, or confer with Project Architect
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Highschool degree required, some college preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present to large groups
- Ability to travel to project sites and trade shows
- Certification of Construction Document Technologist by the Construction Specifications Institute or similar, preferred
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.