MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER SERVICE in our Largo, Florida office. This position will work closely with our sales team to provide excellent customer experience for customers in the Eastern Region. This position will report to the Vice President Customer Services & Credit. Effective and timely communication with internal contacts, field personnel, and external contacts is extremely important in this role. This role will require extensive knowledge of systems to support the Customer Service role and allow appropriate tracking of results.
- Communicate with customers, regional and district sales managers, and any others required about ongoing issues requiring customer service support. Travel may be required to effectively understand customer issues and requirements.
- Direct Customer Service Managers within the Region with setting priorities and implementing procedures that will continue to strengthen customer service levels. Insure that proper training and setting of goals for the regions customer service team are implemented and followed.
- Partner with the management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company's goals and strategic objectives.
- Sets performance standards to meet service needs of both internal and external customers to meet our strategic objectives and company goals.
- Measures Customer Service performance and make recommendations for KPI’s on an annual basis. Review staffing levels with local managers to support business volumes and anticipating expected volumes for the Region.
- Work with Sales/Marketing/Operations to promote regional products and assist in moving for National distribution when appropriate.
- Works closely with Operations team to ensure orders, shipments and corresponding data are accurate and timely, and develops and monitors performance metrics to improve overall service levels.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices. Insure compliance with all Human Resource requirements for the region and company wide.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives, Reps/Dealers/Sales in troubleshooting orders that require special handling, identify processes and policies that will reduce issues for future shipments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree preferred or comparable experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-10 years in the Customer Service field preferably in the building products field. Minimum 3-5 years in a Customer Service Management role.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Windows 10, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Office and ERP experience required. Mid-Level Excel skills a plus.
- TRAVEL: Expected travel 25-50% to other MiTek facilities and for customer visits.
MITEK IS AN E-VERIFY AND DRUG AND TOBACCO-FREE WORKPLACE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY STATUS, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW.