The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Display endurance in a fast pace environment while delivering service in a reassuring style
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a healthy way and collaborate with differing points of view to achieve a “win/win” scenario for the company and the customer
- Open to learning new things, asking for help, and candid feedback
- Act with integrity, treat others with dignity & respect, accept responsibility, and do the right thing to ensure the highest quality customer experience
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee will be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as directed by their supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
0 to 2 years restaurant, resort, and/or hospitality experience
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Predictable and reliable attendance
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel
- Ability to frequently walk, lift, push, pull, and/or move items from 10 to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.