This is a responsible professional position in the Area Agency on Aging Call Center intended to provide callers with information and referral concerning aging-related programs, services and activities.
This position requires a relatively high degree of independent action and initiative.
- Accepts referrals of clients over the age of 60 years old from the ADRC Helpline, as well as referrals from other organizations and individuals.
- Receives referrals from the Department of Children and Families Adult Protective Services Unit for intermediate and low risk referrals.
- Contact the referred individuals for intake and screening, administering the standardized screening instrument to obtain necessary and essential information to determine the individual’s needs for services.
- Determine potential eligibility for DOEA and non-DOEA funded programs, including Medicaid related services, in an efficient, timely and consumer friendly manner.
- Direct individuals to other non-DOEA resources, as appropriate, to have their needs met.
- Input client screening into CIRTS (Client Information and Registration and Tracking System).
- Post information in the CIRTS enrollment screen related to program APCL, as needed.
- Contact individuals on the Assessed Priority Consumer List (APCL) as required, to review any reported changes in their situation and complete annual re-screenings to ensure prioritization for services.
- Explain Medicaid eligibility criteria and the Medicaid eligibility process to prospective applicants.
- Refer individuals to the ADRC Medicaid Benefits Counselors and Medicaid Waiver Specialists for Long-Term Care Education.
- Provide all necessary and required forms, to include the HIPAA, SSN notice and the Physician Referral form (MedServ 3008) for individuals on the APCL who are identified as Medicaid Waiver Probable at the time of initial screening or annual re-screening.
- Release individuals to the appropriate Lead Agency or service provider for CCE, HCE and ADI services, when funding is available.
- Provide screenings and re-screenings at an individual’s home, if required.
- Reports suspected abuse, neglect and exploitation to the Abuse Hotline..
- Collects and maintains accurate records of caller requests using the Refer computer software for appropriate documenting and reporting.
- If assigned by designated staff, will assist in responding to referrals from the Department of Elder Affairs and the offices of Elected Officials.
- Provides emergency disaster assistance and staff support during an emergency disaster event as directed by designated staff.
- Performs related tasks as assigned by supervisory staff and Senior Management.
Minimum Training and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and three years’ experience in Information & Referral services, case management, call center or customer service, social services; or related work.
- Successful completion of Level II background screening required.
- Any exceptions to the minimum requirements must be approved by the CEO.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to communicate professionally, orally and in writing.
- Ability to research topics related to services for older adults (funding, program design, etc.), analyze data and provide written and/or oral reports as required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, governmental and non-governmental regulations and policies.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Willingness and ability to develop competence and proficiency working with microcomputer applications, utilizing the resource database and match inquirer needs and resources.
- Ability to become Certified as an Information and Referral Specialist in Aging (CIRS-A) through the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems within one year of employment.
- Ability to complete and receive a passing score in Uniform Client Assessment Training within 90 days of employment.