23andMe is seeking a socially-savvy and enthusiastic Social Media
Community Coordinator Intern who will support the next exciting phase of
our social vision and strategy.
The role will report to our Senior Social Media Manager and be
responsible for community management, assisting in the development and
execution of content publishing and planning, paid media program
support, audience nurturing, channel development and growth, social
listening, and additional executions supporting the brand.
You will be a part of a hard-working, integrated, and cross-functional
marketing team that touches all parts of the company, and will have
high-visibility within the marketing and Comms/PR groups.
WHO WE ARE
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access,
understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of
passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help
turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Day-to-day community management of key channels – including, though
not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Curating and publishing content across channels, while monitoring
performance utilizing native platforms and third party enterprise
- Assist our Social Media Associate in development of editorial
calendars and publishing approaches – including organic and paid
- Copywriting for organic publishing across all social channels
- Work closely with the customer care team for coordination and
support on promotional, community engagement, and moderation efforts
- Update and refine social platforms – including uploading of new
creative, implementation of new features, new measurement and
integration opportunities, etc.
- Assist in deployment of paid media efforts – sponsored posts,
promoted pins, etc., working closely with our Social Media Associate
and paid media partner agency
- Grow and nurture fan activity (conversations, friend tags, shares)
and community size – helping drive performance that aligns with
- React, respond, and execute quickly to ad-hoc or real-time
- Assist Social Media Associate with qualitative and quantitative data
analysis, social listening support, identification of
real-time/trending opportunities, and brand alerts
- Assist in the development of influencer relationship-building and
outreach efforts, in conjunction with our PR team and agency
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or
related field preferred
- A can-do and self-starting approach with strong communication skills
and ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Strong knowledge and/or passion for social media, digital and mobile
trends, and impactful content
- Ability to react, respond, and execute quickly to ad-hoc or
- Ability to work at both tactical and more strategic levels
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organization skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a team-centric environment
- Deep knowledge of current and upcoming social platforms
- Experience utilizing native and third-party analytics tool. Ex.
SimplyMeasured, Facebook Business Manager, etc.
- Brand or agency experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our
mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human
genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50
Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25
Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers
worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in
research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is
available at www.23andMe.com.
_At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide
equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All
qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to
an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender
expression, religion, age, national origin or
ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran
status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
disabilities to the extent required by applicable law._
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.