Job Description:The Guest Services Agent is expected to provide excellent customer service to all guest they encounter, whether behind the front desk or not. Excellent service requires offering Ultimate Service with a smile and promoting the brand standards we are known for – uncompromised service with a focus on guest satisfaction. This person is responsible for creating a positive guest experience throughout their stay, from check-in through check-out.Job Requirements:• Complete all brand required training
• Complete all required Safety & Health training
• Interact with both internal and external guests with a pleasant, professional, and approachable demeanor
• Check-in and check-out guests while contributing to overall positive experience upon arrival and departure
• Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests in a friendly and warm manner.
• Issue room key and escort instructions to Bell Person or directly to guest, as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
• Keep record of room availability and guest’s accounts.
• Make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
• Compute bill, collect payment, and makes change for guests.
• Post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine, as appropriate.
• Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
• Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
• If functioning in a Lead Capacity:
o Take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor,
o Assign work and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
• Make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests, as needed
• Deposit guest’s valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box, as needed
• Order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests
• Other duties as assigned
Necessary Skills:• Exceptional interpersonal skills• Ability to effectively communicate with staff and guests of varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds• Knowledge of local events and points of interest to provide specialized knowledge to guests while using judgement to determine appropriate recommendations• Willingness and ability to multitask and adapt as daily function changes from one objective to another as the business demands• Focus on guest satisfaction and project this desire through positive interaction with guests while striving to provide an excellent experience for all guests, both internal and external• Must be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
Physical Requirements:• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time• Must be able to climb stairs• Must be able to thrive in a fast-pace environment• Must be able to use a ladder and step stool• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and 25 pounds periodically• Must be able to pull up to 25 pounds occasionally• Must have visual acuity to distinguish between objects both near and far (with or without corrective lenses)• Must have sufficient manual dexterity and knowledge to interact with a switchboard and a computer keyboard (for instance)
Our company challenges every associate to strive for excellence through high performance and loyalty to our guests and our organization with an unwilling attitude to lower our standards or accept second best efforts from our personnel. 24-7 Hotel Management promotes innovation, initiative, creativity and constantly strives to improve ourselves.
24-7 Hotel Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Culture:24-7 Hotel Management is a local company in the hospitality industry that maximizes our profit potential through training, support, and by creating a dynamic culture for our quality personnel. We have empowered our team members to execute their duties in a manner that ensures our Guests Come First, we sustain exceptional guest satisfaction by aggressively pursuing attention to detail and adding the “WOW” factor to every guest contact and adding TEAMWORK central to every endeavor.Our company challenges every associate to strive for excellence through high performance and loyalty to our guests and our organization with an unwilling attitude to lower our standards or accept second best efforts from our personnel. 24-7 Hotel Management promotes innovation, initiative, creativity and constantly strives to improve ourselves.
Benefits:24-7 Hotel Management offers a safe and stable work environment with an open-door policy, paid vacation, paid training, health, vision, dental and life insurance; and discounted room nights when traveling in our family of hotels.