HELP DESK TECHNICIAN III !
Are you an experienced help desk technician with the ability to troubleshoot Level 3 issues? Are you technically adept, business focused and customer service oriented? Would you like to work for an award-winning company? If so, our Help Desk Technician III might be the perfect opportunity for you to continue your IT career!
This role provides assistance to other technicians as well as Level 1-3 troubleshooting services for our clients. The Help Desk Technician III completes advanced support cases, providing exceptional support to clients via phone, email and submitted support tickets. In addition, the Help Desk Technician III monitors team workloads and mentors other front-line technicians, helping to raise up the entire team.
3Points, located in Lombard, is one of Chicago's leading technology teams and a trusted technology adviser to small businesses. We pride ourselves with providing our clients with a comprehensive team of technology experts, products and cloud-based services. Our mission since 2001 has been enabling people to innovate – take their business to another level – using technology. We have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois for the past five years!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Complete basic to advanced support cases, articulating technical findings and documenting all steps taken to problem resolution
- Analyze, administer and troubleshoot a wide variety of IT solutions, in conjunction with other Help Desk Technicians
- Interface with Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server environments, Microsoft Exchange Server, Office 365 and network infrastructure to set up and troubleshoot client issues
- Provide cross-team support when emergency needs mandate, including travel to client sites to provide face-to-face support in emergency situations and working flexible hours
- Perform technical training with individuals and groups as business needs dictate.
- Process clients onboarding and offboarding of 3Points services
- Create/review documentation, knowledge base articles and new tools/utilities
- Maintain proficiency in key technology areas through intentional, ongoing technical learning
WHO YOU ARE:
- Associates degree (Bachelors preferred) in IT/MIS; and minimum of 4 years hands-on IT support experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) Managed Services Provider experience preferred
- Experience working with Networking, End User devices, Windows Server, Backup solutions, Office 365, Virtualization and Security
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, organization and time management skills
- Strong verbal communications skills including the ability to persuade and negotiate, remain claim under pressure, communicate with tact and diplomacy; communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical users; ability to de-escalate tense situations
- Proven ability to mentor others
- Understand the business impact of technical problems and solutions
- Valid driver's license; ability to work flexible hours as needed
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer an excellent benefits package including 401k, generous health benefits, continuing Technical Education opportunities and employee recognition and incentives.
3Points is an equal opportunity employer.