HELP DESK TECHNICIAN II !
Are you an IT troubleshooter looking for an opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Are you technically adept, business focused and customer service oriented? Would you like to work for an award-winning company? If so, our Help Desk Technician might be the perfect opportunity for you to continue your IT career!
This role provides technical maintenance as well as Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting services for our clients. The Help Desk Technician works and completes basic to advanced support cases, providing exceptional support to clients via phone, email and submitted support tickets.
3Points, located in Lombard, is one of Chicago's leading technology teams and a trusted technology adviser to small businesses. We pride ourselves with providing our clients with a comprehensive team of technology experts, products and cloud-based services. Our mission since 2001 has been enabling people to innovate – take their business to another level – using technology. We have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois for the past five years!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Complete basic to advanced support cases, articulating technical findings and documenting all steps taken to problem resolution
- Analyze, administer and troubleshoot a wide variety of IT solutions
- Interface with Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server environments, Office 365, Azure and network infrastructure to set up and troubleshoot client issues
- Visit client sites (occasionally) to provide IT network and desktop deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting services
- Create/review documentation, knowledge base articles and new tools/utilities
- Maintain proficiency in key technology areas through intentional, ongoing technical learning
WHO YOU ARE:
- Degree in IT/MIS preferred
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on IT support experience; Managed Services Provider preferred
- Experience working with Networking, End User devices, Windows Server, Backup solutions, Office 365
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, organization and time management skills
- Strong verbal communications skills including the ability to persuade and negotiate, remain claim under pressure, communicate with tact and diplomacy; communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical users; ability to de-escalate tense situations
- Understand the business impact of technical problems and solutions
- Valid driver's license; ability to work flexible hours as needed
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer an excellent benefits package including 401k, generous health benefits, continued technical training and employee recognition and incentives.