A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 33 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 95 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah and Nashville, Tennessee, and Hernando and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in our LAKELAND, TN office with strong design and project management experience.
- Perform routine aspects of electrical engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic electrical engineering principles without close supervision.
- Apply concepts such as the principals of electrical circuit laws, lighting concepts and knowledge of electrical equipment to practical situations.
- Researches, develops, and designs a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for healthcare, commercial and industrial projects
- Electrical systems will predominantly be for building projects, including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment, power, controls, communication systems, and computer networks to achieve the goal.
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for healthcare, industrial and commercial applications.
- Preparation of detailed plans and specifications substantiated by calculations and thoughtfully developed engineering solutions, to meet customer needs and all regulatory requirements.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task.
- Proven leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the client.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- The individual will participate in marketing and business development activities, including development of project proposals and providing technical expertise
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Registered Engineer; strongly prefer licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an electrical engineer; 10 years' experience is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated experience using Revit, CAD; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of electrical engineer principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of building materials, construction methods, building codes and regulations..
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA-70) and other National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes.
- Healthcare design/engineering experience preferred
- LEED Accreditation is a plus
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere