A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 34 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 85 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah, Cookeville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Hernando and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Registered Land Surveyor in our Oxford, MS office
- Client contact and preparation of proposals. When needed, coordinate with Principal-in-Charge, Department Manager, Team Leaders, and Project Engineers on proposals to determine scope and complexity of projects.
- Develop and maintain A2H standards to ensure that the North Mississippi office is up-to-date with Land Surveying knowledge and practices which affect departmental activities to ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of work.
- Function as lead member of the Surveying Department for North Mississippi, including field practices and office technical duties. Review field data to ensure completeness.
- Provide the necessary coordination to ensure that the total effort for all projects is performed in a logical sequence to minimize rework and offset potential scheduling conflicts.
- Review and recommend contract changes and gain client approval of improved contracts.
- Review with Department Manager weekly, or more often, with work schedule of individual assignments to various projects.
- Maintain a high quality level of work product by following Department quality control procedures such as project manager checklists, design checklists and CAD standards. This position will be responsible for maintaining the Survey Department's technical Quality Assurance and Quality Control process.
- Review all final drafting of survey maps or plats and sign/seal all documents when required.
- Marketing On occasion, meet with clients to review work, including city and county clients
- Develop and train departmental staff in surveying related tasks, including field practices and office technical duties. Review field data to ensure completeness. Function as Project Manager when required.
- Registered Land Surveyor in the State of Mississippi, Tennessee or Arkansas is a requirement
- A minimum seven (7) years of Land Surveying experience and five years of experience as Project Manager or equivalent.
- Must be an effective manager of people and must establish and maintain a satisfactory relationship with other principals, company personnel, clients and other consultants.
- High school diploma required.
- Community college or university-level courses in drafting/civil engineering/surveying or work in allied professions (structural or mechanical engineering for example) are preferred
- Technical knowledge of required surveying software programs.
- Understanding of land surveying processes used in drafting for a surveying department.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere