A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 32 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in our LAKELAND, TN office with strong design and project management experience. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
• The individual will participate in marketing and business development activities, including development of project proposals and providing technical expertise.
• Researches, develops, and designs a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for healthcare, commercial and industrial projects
• Manage and assist with work on all phases of various mechanical engineering projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
• Provide project team coordination for incorporating design intent in to the construction documentation, specifications, and during construction administration.
• Preparation of detailed plans and specifications substantiated by calculations and thoughtfully developed engineering solutions, to meet customer needs and all regulatory requirements.
• May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task.
• Proven leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
•Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the client.
•Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
•Perform routine aspects of mechanical engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic mechanical engineering principles without close supervision.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
•Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
•Licensed Engineer (PE); strongly prefer licensure in the state of Tennessee.
•Minimum of seven years' experience as an mechanical engineer in consulting services
•HVAC systems design experience, client level interaction and industry knowledge is required
•LEED Accreditation is preferred.
•Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
•Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
•Demonstrated experience using Revit, CAD; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
•Knowledge of mechanical engineer principles, practices and techniques.
•Knowledge of building materials, construction methods, building codes and regulations
Paid Volunteer Time Off