A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 33 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Plumbing Designer in our Nashville, TN office with strong design experience. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Researches and analyzes data such as client design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Works with clients to develop a project's scope of work, estimates, and/or schedules.
- Reviews and approves project drawings, standards and specifications.
- Develops major equipment, material selection, and construction specifications.
- Reviews codes and client specifications.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks..
- Ensures that all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Evaluates field installations and applies codes and client specifications to project design.
- Coordinates activities with other project disciplines.
- Provides technical direction, support and information to other architects, engineers, designers and drafters.
- Identifies changes to scope, estimates cost and schedule impacts; presents to project management for approval.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, communications, operational efficiencies, handling of a client's changing needs, decision making, and analyzing and solving problems.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Plumbing engineering from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus
- Certified in Plumbing Design by American Society of Plumbing Engineers or ability to obtain is a plus
- Minimum of five years' experience with Plumbing Design in consulting services or Plumbing Contracting
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience using Revit, CAD; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of building materials, construction methods, building codes and regulations
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere