A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 34 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 85 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah, Cookeville, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Project Architect in our KNOXVILLE, TN office with strong design and project management experience. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Project Manager/Project Architect will assist early in the design process, with expanding project engagement through sequential phases. Tasks include broad oversight of the complete Contract Documents, including drawings and specifications; monitoring of budgets and billings; preparation of Additional Service Requests; training and mentoring of documentation team.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Provide project team coordination for incorporating design intent in to the construction documentation, specifications, and during construction administration
- Managing project timelines and schedules
- Maintain project document files, including meeting notes, financial information, client correspondence and project schedule.
- Resolve complex technical/design issues and provides guidance to team.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of technical documents through Quality Assurance reviews at different phases of project.
- Professional degree in accredited Architecture program
- Registered Architect in the state of Tennessee (required)
- Minimum of ten year's (10)years experience is preferred
- LEED Accreditation is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated experience using Revit, CAD, and SketchUp techniques and principles; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of architectural principles, practices and techniques
- Knowledge of CSI Specifications, Construction Administration and Project Budgeting.
- Knowledge of building materials, construction methods, building codes and regulations
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere