Astronautics is seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage and direct the daily execution of programs and proposals within contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules, technical, financial, and performance goals are met. This position has a primary focus to manage existing customers, help win new pursuits and lead cross-functional teams in the development of new avionics programs. The PM is the primary interface between our external customer, suppliers/partners and internal teams; defines business direction, grows program portfolio, manages complex strategic relationships (internal/external) and ensures on-time delivery of the highest quality. The position is a key member of the business team, providing program development, opportunity growth, customer-centric insight, advice on business issues and raising the bar for inspirational people leadership across the organization.
- Lead integrated Program Teams responsible for the successful performance of new, complex development products.
- Leads the development of Statements of Work used for outsourcing Product Development work packages.
- Participate as a team leader on proposal activities and insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation.
- Evaluate supplier proposals for pricing, capabilities and ensure they deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Provide contractual interface, communication, and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid & proposal activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure contractual, financial, technical, and schedule requirements are met.
- Maintain technical and commercial marketing objectives and assure program completion within established milestones.
- Plan, direct, maintain and present project technical and financial status to executive team.
- Guide the development of program business and technical strategies.
- At least 5 years program management experience involving all aspects of complex technical engineering development programs from contract award through completion required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or engineering;
- Must possess leadership qualities that are essential in leading both matrix organization teams and integrated program teams.
- Risk management experience, preferably in the aerospace industry, required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, negotiation, and communication skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability for domestic and international travel required.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer flow-down requirements and ensure that government compliance is maintained.
- New Product Development experience is a plus within the commercial and defense industries. Working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems strongly preferred.
- Master’s or MBA degree preferred.
- Experience in a customer-facing role desired, preferably in the government and/or commercial avionics industry.
- Experience in managing program finances, schedule, technical components as well as other aspects relating to program management of complex technical programs highly preferred.