ABACUS SOLUTIONS GROUP: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We’re Recruiting for a Web Application Architect in support of the Naval Post Graduate School (NPS) PYTHON IT Services Support Contract. The Web Application Architect will be the primary technical point of contact for the government and ASG development team in support of the developmental support for PYTHON to enhance capabilities, workflows, data integrity, usability, and interoperability with satellite systems.
PAY AND BENEFITS: This is a Full Time Employment opportunity offering a lucrative hourly wage with a full benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
WORK LOCATION: Monterey, CA
- Provide application development and support services to work on projects that apply advanced technologies to new capabilities, debugging, and feature backlog management of the PYTHON Student Information System.
- UI/UX design and Front End Coding
- Provide advice to customers who have ill-defined or changing requirements
- Must be US Citizens
- Requires a current Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance or higher
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of five (5) years of experience with software architecture design/development (classic ASP, ASP.NET, MS Access, MS SQL Server, web development, web services)
- Experience with Crystal Reports XI;
- Experience with Business Objects Enterprise XI reporting system;
- Experience with flowcharting and documentation tools;
- Experience with Active Directory interoperability, reading and writing using .Net’s System.DirectoryServices
- Experience with Remote Powershell for invoking commands in Exchange Servers
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework
- Experience with SVN revision control software
- In-depth technical knowledge of the NPS developed systems known as PYTHON Student Management System, Applicant Management System (AMS), Curriculum Information System, Scheduling Data Transfer Application, PhD Status Tracking System, and the Course Analysis System
- Experience in database design and development using MS SQL Server
- Experience in Crystal reports design and publishing and managing Crystal reports using SAP Web
- Experience and familiarity with NPS' business processes
- Experience in NPS' Applicant Management System (AMS)
- Experience in NPS' Python student management system
- Experience in financial data transactions such as invoicing, income and expense debt and credit entries, balance sheet and income statement elements
- Experience in using JIRA issue management software (used by industry for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management).
- C#, ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms, Entity Framework
- Apache, JSP, Oracle server
- MS Access 200712010 and MS SQL Server
- Crystal Reports including design, publishing and management using SAP Web intelligence platform version 4.2
- Business Objects Enterprise (BOE)
- Data connectivity and integration of external data sources
- In-depth knowledge of the PYTHON Student Management System database.
- Thorough understanding and hands on experience with computer applications for project monitoring and control including but not limited to program requirements and schedules.
- Server hosting process/procedures
- Web development
- Database configuration and programming
- Software architecture design/development
- Knowledge of PYTHON Student Management System desired
- Knowledge of TPFSATS desired
- Knowledge of Kuali Coeus (KC) desired
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
Additional professional experience applicable work experience may substitute for the Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.