Sensor Integration and Data Collection
Smart Machines ADAS/AD Group
Samsung's Smart Machines Group is a new initiative focused on innovation to support the future of transportation and mobility, focused on disruptive technologies relevant to the automotive industry such as Autonomous and Self-Driving Cars, Connectivity, Electrification, and User Experience.
The Smart Machines initiative is part of the newly established SSIC, which was created to bring new game changing products to market leveraging Samsung's best in class technologies.
Smart Machines is empowered to deploy internal technologies and apply open innovation through development, investment and partnership with innovators around the world.
Our pace is intense, so come with a passion to make a real difference and impact. We are searching for those who want to work with a talented team of industry veterans in a startup-like environment.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers in our Vehicle Integration & Testing team to work on sensor setup, calibration, data collection software.
- Create software tools to automate and expedite the calibration process and verify calibrated outputs
- Create flexible/reliable data recording tools for synchronized sensor/system output for playback and visualization, offline processing, and system monitoring
- Create robust methodologies to test software
- Apply your cross-functional abilities to quickly turn software changes and adaptations Work hand in hand with core development engineering teams
- Work hands-on on vehicles sensor setups, sensor calibration and data collection HW & SW
- Help evaluate and define future implementations, architectures, designs and tools
- 5+ years in software development
- Experience in automotive
- Experience with bring up and debugging of complex SW/HW systems
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent C++, Python programming/debugging skills
- Expertise with sensor (Cameras, Lidar, Radar) systems
- and calibration of them.
- Familiarity with automotive networks, electronics, and power systems
- CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, TCP/UDP, LVDS, GigE, GMSL, etc.
- Integration testing of various levels of software (higher-level applications, mid-level controllers, lower-level communications and IO)
- Knowledge and experience of Linux systems
- Willingness to dig into problems and ability to quickly learn new things
- Experience with system and component testing/benchmarking and reporting (e.g. pre-integration sensor/compute testing)
- ROS (Debugging, integration and re-writing drivers from scratch)
- Build/adapt calibration and data analysis software tools (Linux) for custom sensor/system configurations
- Utilize available off-the-shelf or open source code, vendor-supplied SDKs,
- Creation of custom wrappers and GUIs for visualizations
- Software development background (specifically on Linux or other RTOS platform)
- Utilize available off-the-shelf or open source code, vendor-supplied SDKs, and create custom wrappers/features/GUIs/visualizations to fulfill internal functional requirements
- Worked also in other industries/areas than Embedded or Automotive
- Experience with aggregation and synchronization of heterogeneous sensor data across various interfaces and computing platforms
- Experience in creating data recording & playback tools and visualization, offline processing, and system monitoring
- 12V power systems (HV/Hybrid a plus)
BS/MS (CE, EE or CS equivalent)
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS (WHAT SETS YOU APART)
- Smarter than everyone but willing to be patient
- Know how to tell between perfect and good enough
- Teamwork and patience
- Ready to take on difficult tasks on your own