Physician Assistant - Outpatient
Los Angeles, CA
Under general supervision, coordinates the care of pediatric orthopedic patients in the outpatient and the urgent care setting managing acute, chronic, surgical and congenital conditions. The Physician Assistant is responsible for independent fracture and subspecialty clinics as well as assisting in Physician clinics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs therapeutic procedures, such as non-operative outpatient orthopedic procedures; including fracture reduction; injections and aspirations; splinting; application and removal of casts and other orthopedic appliances as needed.
• reviews and interprets diagnostic studies within the scope of practice.
• Manages non-surgical orthopedic problems independently within scope of practice and surgical problems in association with the physician.
• Performs non-surgical consults including the pre-op exam.
• Takes patient histories, assessments, and develops a plan of care based on sound medical judgment and research-based evidence.
• Develops and implements discharge plans in the outpatient setting.
• Makes independent decisions following California laws and regulations.
• Provides care with the highest level of customer-focused service.
• Documents medical information and completes charts on a timely basis.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members.
• Works effectively with physicians and other health team members to meet comprehensive needs.
• Provides patient and family education.
• Manages and coordinates specialty and/or CCS Clinics.
• Regionally accredited Physician Assistant Master’s Degree required.
• California state Physician Assistant license required.
• BCLS and PALS certification required.
• Minimum 1 - 2 years of related experience required.