As a Product Engineer at Able, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with inspiring Product Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to help our Partners address the challenges they face. You will work as part of a small team focused on the product development process. Your team will collaborate on developing a deep understanding of the problems our Partners are trying to solve in order to effectively design, prototype, and validate solutions. Your team will then articulate the vision for the product and guide the broader team through the software development process and shipment of the final product.
We're searching for a product-minded engineer who is capable of high-level systems design, estimation of effort, and prototyping. Your broad engineering experience will serve as a foundation for growth while you develop new product and engineering skills in domains and areas you may never envisioned like computer vision and machine learning.
We truly believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. This role will interact with multiple disciplines and levels of management both within Able and with partner organizations. As a member of a planning team, a product engineer should be comfortable interacting with founders, CEOs, and investors.
What you can expect:
- Being part of the nucleus of a planning team working on adding great products to our portfolio.
- Working closely with Product Designers and Product Managers to understand the challenges that our Partners and their customers face.
- Drawing upon your broad technical experience to brainstorm, evaluate, prototype, and de-risk potential solutions to the problems you're trying to solve.
- Providing the software engineering team with a technical roadmap for approaching software development for the products you work on.
- Growing with Able and helping to redefine how companies, teams, and products are created.
- Representing the engineering organization in discussions with partners and within a planning time.
What you contribute:
- A true passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members.
- You know what you don't know, you're not afraid to admit it, and you're eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap in your knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to feel just as comfortable explaining machine learning to a non-technical CEO as you are discussing data models with an engineer.
- The ability to plan and estimate large software development efforts and an understanding of the pitfalls associated with such an exercise.
- The compassion needed to understand Partner and Customer needs.
- A pragmatic approach to weighing the benefits of solving underlying business problems versus the cost of software development.
- A desire to improve Able's product development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation.
- 5 + years experience working in Software Engineering or Technical Product Management.
- An interest in product management and solving user / business problems.
- Experience architecting one or more production web applications.
- Broad, up-to-date, hands-on technology and prototyping expertise.
Able's vision is to be the best place to build products. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we've focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We are consistently working on diversifying our portfolio by working in various fields. Thus far we're working on products in the entertainment, crowdfunding, and cancer research. We're collaborating with influential leaders and investors at the intersection of technology, media, and politics.
Our team lives by a Code of Conduct that sets the following expectations for ourselves and our teammates: Be friendly. Be welcoming. Be respectful. Be empathetic. Be considerate.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.