- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Participating/facilitating quality reviews of supporting documentation for CSC initiatives necessary for stakeholder awareness of new and updated processes.
- Assisting in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value and quality delivery to the Program.
- Interviewing stakeholders to determine operational requirements and objectives, such as organization functions, inputs and outputs, and step-by-step procedures.
- Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations; articulate and present process change recommendations to Government and Contractor staff.
- Working on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Working under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Exercising independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Developing advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serving as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 9-10 years of experience working in a technical operations environment supporting mission critical systems. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Cloud experience related to O365, Azure, and/or AWS.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. Interprets company-wide policies and procedures. May be involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Interfacing with the customer and participating in all CSC project meetings.
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Monitoring and maintaining policies, plans, processes, standard operation procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other IA assets, as required.
- Leading, coordinating, and facilitating the creation of stakeholder reviews of required documentations.
- Recommending, planning and developing a strategy to implement process improvements, including: as-is and future to-be state and monitoring results to verify effectiveness.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with direct customer, senior management, project management team members, and technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to work directly with customers, including VIP’s.
- Ability to draft and generate original document artifacts.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables, and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views as well as gives and welcomes feedback. Demonstrate an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
- Competency in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products, including Visio.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with quality assurance, and quality control a plus.
- Experience with process definition and improvement
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active)