Audit Quality Reviewer needed at a flexible CPA firm in Rockville, MD. Open to a work from home arrangement!
Perform pre-issuance quality review (cold review) before issuance:
_ Read reports, financial statements and footnotes to ensure: _
- The report is appropriate and the most current version has been used
- All amounts on the financial statements agree with the corresponding disclosure elsewhere in the report
- All footnote disclosures are appropriate and all required disclosures have been included
Perform Engagement Quality Control Review (EQCR) (for those engagements that meet the firm's criteria for this type of review.)
_This is an objective evaluation, before the report is released, of the significant judgments the engagement team made and the conclusions it reached in formulating the report. This type of review includes: _
- Discussion of significant findings and issues with the engagement partner
- Reading the financial statements or other subject-matter information and the proposed report
- Review of selected engagement documentation relating to significant judgments that the engagement team made and the related conclusions it reached
- Evaluation of the conclusions reached in formulating the report and consideration of whether the proposed report is appropriate.
- Assist with annual internal inspection of audit and attest engagements, if needed.
- Review of engagement working paper files and reports ensuring documentation meets professional standards and supports the report issued.
- Up to date with attestation, accounting, and financial reporting standards.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (for engagements and financial reporting for non-profit and for-profit entities:
- Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
- Personal Financial Statements
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Single Audits under the Uniform Guidance/Yellow Book engagements
- Maintain independence with regards to clients/engagement reviewed.
- Meet the Yellow Book CPE requirements
- FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENT - WORK REMOTELY, IN OFFICE OR A COMBINATION - YOU CHOOSE
- W2 OR CONTRACTOR - UP TO YOU.
- PER DIEM OR FT ARRANGEMENTS AVAILABLE.