WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the transfer pipelines that you build to transform and move data to our voluminous Data Warehouse (Flume, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Hadoop, Vertica)
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to our customers (Vertica/Star Schema, Looker analytics)
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable clients to optimize and track advertising campaigns (Vertica, Looker, Spark)
- Use your expert skills across a number of platforms and tools such as Python, Ruby, SQL, Linux shell scripting, Git, and Chef
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Provide support for our existing production systems. We use Datadog and PagerDuty for monitoring and alerting.
YOU’LL HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Proficiency building and supporting applications on Linux topology.
- Familiarity with OO and FP methodologies and philosophies.
- Moderate experience in Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python development.
- Familiarity with column-oriented Big Data systems such as Vertica or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with profiling and tuning a SQL execution plan
- Familiarity with the JVM. Scala is a definite plus.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field. We will consider equivalent experience in the industry.
Agile Premier is a privately-owned recruiting firm that specializes in Information Technology recruiting. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Agile Premier is the market leader for placing key contributors and leaders within the software development life cycle, business intelligence solutions, data management, systems and network engineering, ERP, content management / team collaboration space, medical device technology, pharma-tech and logistics.
Agile Premier's internal team consists of the top performing recruiters in the industry who focus solely on building long-term relationships with Information Technology professionals. Our recruiting specialties include but are not limited to .NET, PHP, SharePoint, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, SSIS/Informatica, Cisco, Java, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle/SQL Server database, and much more.