We are looking for a part-time Program Associate to help us make events at Alley the best for our clients!
Alley is an industry-leading group of innovation labs and coworking spaces. Through our partnerships with Fortune 50 companies such as Verizon, we are able to source next-generation technology and venture resources to help our constantly growing community of early-stage startups bring their ideas to life. Our long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion ensures that a wide range of game-changing ideas are represented in our spaces.
As the “face” of Alley, you will be responsible for caring for our guests during events that happen in our space. You'll be part concierge and part human swiss-army knife, going above and beyond to support our clients with the resources, information, and experience they need to have an awesome event!
You'll greet people, answer questions, set up for events, forge connections, and be an inviting and hospitable presence during events. This means you're energetic. You're lively. You love meeting people. You love helping people and ensuring they are comfortable. You're well presented and pride yourself on your style.
TRAITS YOU SHOULD EXUDE
- Graciousness and unwavering patience in the face of anything and everything
- Black-belt in problem-solving (while loving every minute of it)
- Commitment to quality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-of-event operations including setting up the space, supporting client needs, and checking in guests and resetting the floor for the next day
- Managing AV & Sound during events
- Provide exceptional hospitality to clients, guests, and members within the space
- Proactively maintain and upkeep the space
- Maintain the distinct Alley aesthetic, appearance, atmosphere and culture
- Experience executing day-of operations for events
- Must be able to move objects / carry items up to 35LBS
- Be comfortable working with simple AV / Sound systems
- Should be detail oriented and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while keeping calm while working with clients
- Experience in the customer service and/or hospitality industry
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects/deliverables
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must know how to use Gmail and Google Docs
- Must be willing to initiate tasks and perform duties without direction
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have a friendly and professional phone and email etiquette
- Knowledge of the entrepreneurial / startup ecosystem and community is preferred, but not required
Flexible schedule: Days, nights and occasional weekends.