WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING TO ADD A PRINCIPAL PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER TO OUR TEAM IN RICHARDSON, TX. WE ARE ALSO OPEN TO HIRING THIS PERSON TO WORK OUT OF OUR JOLIET, IL OR SHAKOPEE MN LOCATIONS
The Principal Engineer is a member of the Global Manufacturing Engineering team that is responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining world class manufacturing systems globally. This role will center on optical fiber terminations, working with internal design engineers and our suppliers to deliver product to market. The Principal Engineer is responsible for aligning with product roadmaps, ensuring manufacturing system flexibility now and in the future, and integrating with cross-functional teams to improve manufacturability of new products. This role requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification/extension of theories, precepts and practices of own field and related sciences or disciplines to drive strategic manufacturing initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates new approaches and develops solutions to complex problems without appreciable direction.
- Develops cost-effective solutions to highly technical complex manufacturing problems that require a high level of creativity.
- Responsible for implementing designs which use DFA, DFM and DFT principles and are reproducible in a global manufacturing operation.
- Functions as a technical leader and mentors other professionals.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and represents the organization to resolve important questions.
- Designs, develops and transfers manufacturing engineering tools, strategies and systems; incorporating inspection and test requirements into production plans.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigates/initiates corrective action.
- Responsible for integrating vendor technologies /capabilities in design using vendor core competencies, process capabilities and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in a related curriculum, with preference for Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 12 years of experience with a bachelor's degree or 8 years with a master's degree.
- Successful candidate must possess experience in a manufacturing environment with a record of innovative process design and improvement.
- Manufacturing experience with fiber optic cable and fiber optic jumper production.
- Ability to communicate and interact with management at all levels on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Demonstrated ability to regularly contact, influence and negotiate with both internal and external customers on complex issues.
- Must be able to respond to inquiries and complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Regular international travel required in this position.
- Lean manufacturing, One-Piece Flow Controls, Semi-automation, DFMA, Statistical Data Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- SAP (ERP)
- Process/Design FMEA
- Global Experience
- Excellent communications skills