The Community Associate will help us make every day at Alley the best day possible.
As the “face” of Alley, you will be the first point of contact for our community members and their guests. You'll be part concierge and part human swiss-army knife, going above and beyond to support and connect our members with the resources, information, and experience they need to keep being awesome! You'll greet people, answer questions, set up for events, forge connections, and be the catalyst that holds our community together.
This means you're energetic. You're lively. You love meeting people. You love helping people and ensuring they are comfortable. You're well presented and pride yourself on your style.
Traits you should exude:
- Graciousness and unwavering patience in the face of anything and everything
- Black-belt in problem-solving (while loving every minute of it)
- Commitment to quality
Bottom line: you need to be the nicest person ever while maintaining laser-precision unrelenting attention to detail and organization. Every day you'll be tasked with squeezing out more efficiency, style, and plain old awesomeness, and you'll need to do it with a smile.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Create a welcoming and supportive environment for members and guests
- Support the General Manager and Community Managers
- Maintain product knowledge for all front of house and Alley operations
- Maintain the distinct Alley aesthetic, appearance, atmosphere and culture
- Ensure the building is operational during the daytime for members and in the evening for events
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional hospitality to all guests and members within the space
- Support the administrative needs of the organization, including tasks such as processing the mail, making coffee, tidying up the space, and maintaining the printer
- Resolve member complaints regarding issues with space and potentially other members
- Manage day-of-event operations including setting up the space, supporting client needs, and checking in guests
- Proactively maintain and upkeep the space
- Seek opportunities to engage members and learn more about their respective businesses and needs
- Experience in the customer service and/or hospitality industry, preferably hotel
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Must know how to use Gmail and Google Docs
- Must be willing to initiate tasks and perform duties without direction
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have a friendly and professional phone and email etiquette
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Must be a college student or recent graduate (within 3 months of graduation)
Schedule: Flexible daytime, nights & occasional weekends
Hours: Flexible depending on weekly staffing needs