This position provides administrative support to PaintCare's staff team and handles the PaintCare telephone hotline.
· Provide administrative support to PaintCare's Outreach Team and other staff
· Provide customer service support for telephone hotline coverage and email inquiries
· Word processing, document and report preparation
· Filing, data entry, and organizing information
· Coordinate and schedule staff meetings and group functions
· Assist with ordering and fulfillment of outreach materials and supplies
· Consolidate and prepare expense reports
· Provide research assistance
· Additional duties as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet browsers
· Comfort with cloud software platforms (Bill.com, Box) and learning additional software as needed
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to occasionally travel for team meetings and program events
· Interest in environmental issues and the goals of the PaintCare program
· Conversational Spanish ability is preferred
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This position is located in Washington, DC.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
PaintCare is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was established by the American Coatings Association (ACA) to implement state-mandated paint stewardship programs on behalf of paint manufacturers in each state that adopts a paint stewardship law. Funding for PaintCare is provided through a fee on new paint sales. Funding is used to establish drop-off sites where the public can take leftover paint for recycling, pay for the recycling of this paint, and provide public education and program administration. Oregon passed the first industry-supported paint stewardship law in 2009. Since then, programs have also been implemented in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maine, Minnesota, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Please visit www.paintcare.org for more information.