The Patient Care Coordinator will be heavily involved in the care of patients. They will be responsible for supervising interdisciplinary care by bringing together the different specialists who help the patients, and be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the care delivered. This person will develop and cultivate patient relationships, create and implement treatment plans, reviews financial responsibility for treatment and ensure that patient follow through on treatment plans is complete. MUST HAVE ORAL SURGERY OR EQUIVALENT DENTAL EXPERIENCE.
- Meets with the team weekly to provide feedback to Doctor/Dental Assistant team regarding Patient Schedules, weekly percentage of appointments completed and provide Patient feedback.
- Consistently refines motivational communication techniques for educating our patients and increasing case acceptance.
- Act as point of contact/advocate for patients by greeting and guiding them through their office experience
- Discuss treatment plans/financing, etc. to ensure HIPAA compliance and confidentiality; Review agreed upon treatment plan; obtain signature, review anticipated out of pocket/NC procedures in detail
- Manage all post-operative concerns through follow-up phone calls to patients
- Track down claims that have been denied, need additional information
- Elevate patient satisfaction and request referrals of friends/family or testimonials for the website
- Present treatment plans, including but not limited to chairside interaction with provider team
- Communicate proposed treatment using the doctors and hygienists when appropriate
- Use models and visuals to increase patient’s awareness of their oral condition and treatment needs and to answer any questions/concerns the patient may have regarding treatment.
- Provide all financing options available to patient – assist with Care Credit application process.
- Confirm patient appointments and support scheduling activities (e.g., Solution reach, confirmation emails/calls/text)
- Obtain preauthorization on cases greater than a predefined designated $ amount
- Work the pending treatment plan report
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned