McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
Will assist 3-M Coordinator with the effective operation and support of the 3-M System
- Assist in management and direction of all 3-M coordinators across CNSL domain.
- Maintain liaison with all agencies sharing the responsibility for 3-M support to the fleet including NAVSEA, shipyards, supply centers, TYCOMS, and other activities.
- Monitor ships reporting ASI file processing, provide corrective steps and serve as liaison for technical assistance as required.
- Liaise with responsible office codes for 3-M assist visits for ships selected.
- Support training centers and service Support (CSS) 3-M System Coordinator courses.
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of Naval administrative and correspondence policies, instructions and regulations required.
- Experience using Navy and DoD travel processes and online systems and Naval message writing software.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and other database management tools and software, specifically, advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction
- Candidate must have an active security clearance and be able to obtain a CAC
- Qualified in PQS 43241(series) watch station 307
- Held NEC 811A (or equivalent military/civilian experience)
- Previous 3-M billet experience in either command 3MC or TYCOM/ATG 3-M inspector position.
- High School Diploma required; Associate degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.