Supervises and coordinates activities of Commercial electricians engaged in construction, maintenance and repair of electric power, lighting, and communication systems of modular buildings by performing the following duties.
- Directly supervises 5-15 employees on the Production Floor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong Commercial Electrical experience.
- Experience bending conduit.
- Plans wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers, and fuse boxes.
- Experience with Rough In and Finished Electrical.
- Inspects wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two to five years' management experience.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)