At Anser Advisory, we strive and succeed by creating smart, dynamic and professionally skilled teams to deliver extraordinary projects for our clients. You will work on interesting projects which will expand your expertise and hone your technical skills through the ability to access the most advanced technology on the market. Your successful impact will help us obtain our goal of being the nationwide go-to professional services provider. Anser, provides our clients with advisory, compliance, program and project construction management services at the highest level of dedication.
Our relationships are built on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients which has resulted in our rapid growth, nationwide.
We need ASSISTANT STRUCTURE REPRESENTATIVES that are in the Northern CA area with experience in soldier piles and retaining walls. Ideal candidates will also have a professional engineering certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- This position may require travel.
- The person filling this position will be a representative for the client supervising the structures (as defined below) portion of the project, committed to making certain that the project progresses efficiently.
- For purposes of this position, structures are defined as bridges, retaining walls, sound walls, MSE walls, culverts or any other structures related to roadway or highway construction projects.
- This position verifies that inspection and documentation on the contract relating to roadway structures is generated and filed in general conformance to the Caltrans Construction Manual, the Local Assistance Procedures manual and/or any Caltrans Bridge-related guidelines. In addition, the candidate must have experience working in a team environment. Candidate must have the ability to direct and supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineering, inspection, materials testing, field contract administration, and to act as liaison with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, design professionals and regulatory agencies.
- Responsibilities Under the supervision of the assigned Project Manager or Resident Engineer, the Assistant Structure Representative uses his/her engineering judgment to evaluate project structures construction in compliance with the plans, specifications, standard plans, and standard specifications with an emphasis on the structures portion of the project work.
- The Structure Representative works directly with and, generally, reports directly to the Resident Engineer, providing technical expertise required to properly administer the structural portion of the roadway work.
- Read and interpret project plans, specifications, permits, and other pertinent contract documents.
- Generate and/or review contract change orders and requests for information relating to structure items.
- Review submittals from the contractor relating to structure items
- Ability to properly administer the contract's structures work.
- Verify documentation on the contract relating to structures is generated and filed in proper order.
- Supervision experience of field staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project.
- Ability to understand, interpret and make sound engineering determinations regarding the contract documents relating to structure work.
- Proven resolution and or facilitation of discrepancies or problems with the contract documents relating to structures and issues arising from structure field operations
- Coordinates and/or performs quality testing of the structure work
- B.S. or higher degree in Civil Engineering
- PE Registration in the State of California (Desirable)
- Experience with CALTRANS practices and procedures & Construction Manuals
- 5+ years of experience in roadway or highway inspection
- Minimum 2+ years of those 5 years as lead worker in Structure inspection
- Experience in CALTRANS roadway/bridge construction projects
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES:
- Understanding of falsework analysis and falsework construction.
- Understanding of shoring analysis and shoring construction.
- Understanding bridge 40-scale for bridge widenings or new bridge construction.
- Understanding deep foundations such as CIDH Piles or driven piles.
- Knowledge and experience with the equipment used in structure construction inspection, surveying, field testing of construction materials, and construction office engineering.
- Knowledge of Caltrans Standard Plans, Standard Specifications, and Bridge Construction Manuals.
- Experience in preparation of Claims files, documents and reports.
- Experience in assisting in the preparation claims or claim response.
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our firm stronger. Each of us contributes to our inclusive environment in the way we act, our level of commitment, encouragement to others to share their ideas, and our everyday, outstanding teamwork to support our clients. We also support professional development for our staff and celebrate their accomplishments.
Simply put, our firm is better . . . because of the people we work with.