Aptive Resources is seeking a Communications Writer with demonstrated experience developing and editing a wide variety of written communication products in support of both internal and external communication campaigns. This mid-level, full-time position is located at the General Services Administration (GSA) in Washington, DC. This is a contingent hire position.
This role will require you to develop a suite of communication materials for several key audiences including federal employees, vendors and the general public. To be successful, you will need to be able to adjust messages based on research, ensure branding and style consistency, and be comfortable writing a large variety of products.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- Ability to work onsite in Washington, DC.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Write and edit speeches, briefing materials, internal and external correspondence for official use, publications, fact sheets, Frequently Asked Questions and other official documentation.
- Draft formal correspondence and white papers.
- Edit new and previously written technical materials while ensuring accuracy, clarity and consistency in brand identity and tone.
- Provide articles, talking points, presentations and other basic communication products related to GSA's business outcomes.
- Review written materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Gather data from subject matter experts.
- Write and edit copy for advertisements, new product introductions, public service announcements (PSAs), scripts, press releases, and promotional materials for all media outlets including newspapers, magazines, radio spots, TV ads, interactive multimedia (e.g., CD-ROM), websites and exhibits.
NECESSARY SKILL SETS.
- Ability to conduct basic internet research to gauge current audience awareness and behaviors.
- Knowledge and ability to execute communications plans based on the needs of the government to influence awareness and behaviors.
- Proven ability to create and adjust messaging for communication products based on research gathered and analyzed.
- Ability to collect and analyze metrics for assessment of communication initiatives using Excel spreadsheets and other tools.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
The GSA Office of Strategic Communication (OSC) is GSA's singular resource for all internal and external communications needs. OSC's main job is to use communications to help the agency meet its mission and business goals. Learn more about OSC at https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/organization/office-of-strategic-communication.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEO).
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veterans and members of the Reserve and National Guard are highly encouraged to apply.