Aptive Resources is seeking a Communications Specialist with demonstrated experience providing professional and effective communication material to internal and external customers such as federal employees, vendors and the general public. This senior-level, full-time position is located at the General Services Administration (GSA) in Washington, DC. This is a contingent hire position.
This role will require you to manage, implement and evaluate both communication and stakeholder engagement plans for a large federal client. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to gauge audience awareness, execute plans based on the needs and goals of the government and adjust messages based on research.
- 6 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field of study.
- Ability to work onsite in Washington, DC.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Research target audience existing knowledge, perceptions, attitudes and behaviors.
- Create stakeholder engagement plans that include stakeholder analyses, goals, outreach and education strategies, tactics, metrics, and draft messages.
- Ensure stakeholder engagement plans advance GSA's business goals by influencing those attitudes and behaviors.
- Manage implementation and evaluation of communication and engagement plans, including but not limited to oversight, documentation and process improvement.
- Oversee multi-faceted communication program areas.
- Head development of strategic, integrated product and service strategy.
- Lend support in building and sustaining a successful cross-team management structure capable of providing a broad range of media and legislative support services.
- Meet regularly with government program manager to discuss performance, propose initiatives and establish priorities.
NECESSARY SKILL SETS.
- Ability to conduct basic internet research to gauge current audience awareness and behaviors.
- Knowledge and ability to execute communications plans based on the needs of the government to influence awareness and behaviors.
- Proven ability to create and adjust messaging for communication products based on research gathered and analyzed.
- Ability to collect and analyze metrics for assessment of communication initiatives using Excel spreadsheets and other tools.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
The GSA Office of Strategic Communication (OSC) is GSA's singular resource for all internal and external communications needs. OSC's main job is to use communications to help the agency meet its mission and business goals. Learn more about OSC at https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/organization/office-of-strategic-communication.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEO).
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veterans and members of the Reserve and National Guard are highly encouraged to apply.