About the School Psychologist position
One of the most highly regarded groups of specialists in California, is seeking full- and part-time school psychologists to join our multidisciplinary team of SLPs, SLPAs, BCBAs, BCaBAs and RBTs.
We are looking for a School Psychologist who will join our client's organization and help students prepare for academic achievement, ensure career readiness and develop their personal or social competencies. Your duties will include using a comprehensive, preventive and developmental counseling to help students become productive and well-adjusted adults.
What you need to know:
1. 40 hr work week, school schedule
2. Sign on bonus negotiated
3. Student loan benefits
4. School calendar year- 8 hour workday with a school calendar of 185 days
School Psychologist responsibilities are:
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments for referred students in accordance with California Department of Education and Federal guidelines.
- Prepare comprehensive, legally defensible written reports of assessment findings with diagnoses and specific recommendations, in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Certify pupils' eligibility for placement in special education services, programs or classes in accordance with their individual physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Participate in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, following due process timelines.
- Provide consultative support to administrators, parents, students, school-based personnel and staff on matters pertaining to special education procedures and guidelines, mental health issues, child development, student behavior, learning problems and relevant intervention strategies and recommendations.
- Provide counseling services to students, as needed.
- Assume responsibility for implementation of school district policies, California Department of Education Code and Code of Regulations, and Federal regulations related to psychological services.
- Pursue professional growth through conferences, workshops, and coursework.
- Ensure equitable access to opportunities and rigorous curriculum for all students
- Perform related duties as assigned.
School Psychologist requirements are:
- At least 2 years of experience
- California PPS Credential
- Strong integrity, judgement, emotional intelligence and professionalism
- Strong advocacy skills with ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student pool
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY PUPIL PERSONNEL SERVICES CREDENTIAL