ASCENT, LLC is a leading provider of comprehensive solutions for the planning, design, engineering, development, and operation of data centers and other mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Saint Louis, MO, Ascent specializes in powerful, efficient, and technologically advanced mission critical facilities and offers clients a broad range of delivery models spanning shell & core, build-to-suit, turnkey, and outsourced critical systems operations. Founded in 1998, Ascent provides a full spectrum of fast track services that include project programming, design management, facility assessment, development and construction management, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance operations. Today, Ascent focuses on providing clients with innovative solutions and services yielding the highest levels of operational autonomy, efficiency, and control. Ascents clients include some of the most demanding mission critical organizations spanning multiple industries, Fortune 500 firms, and service providers. Our business is growing fast and we are currently seeking a talented Sr. Construction / Project Manager.
Sr. Construction / Project Manager
San Jose, CA Region
· MANAGE THE DAY-TO-DAY OPERATIONS OF A HYPERSCALE DATA CENTER CONSTRUCTION PROJECT IN THE SAN JOSE, CA / BAY AREA WITH OVER 400,000 SQ. FT. OF SPACE WITH 30+ MW CAPACITY.
· Monitor activities in conjunction with the onsite MEP Contractors and Project Superintendent to ensure retrofit project is on schedule and within budgets.
· Lead Project Team and sub-contractors to ensure that projects are completed within established goals for quality, timeliness, profitability, safety and customer satisfaction.
· Lead and organize project management activities – estimating by way of RS Means, reviewing and updating the budget, preparing and updating a project schedule, and establishing project communications, standards and files.
· Assist with building permits as required/follow all city government guidelines for project and adhering to all OSHA and environmental regulations.
· Create positive client relationships and pursue new project opportunities that Ascent should engage in with existing customers. Continually develop a strong network with local contractors.
· Represent Ascent in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
· Pre-construction responsibilities:
o Manage the preparation of designs, specifications and drawings for repair and replacement/upgrade of building systems and other related components.
o Create and distribute RFI’s to include development of contractual terms and conditions relating to proposal/bid pricing, drawings and plans. Evaluate responses, award contracts and oversee activity through satisfactory completion.
· Management responsibilities:
o Manage subcontractors to verify that they are supplying adequate resources to meet contract requirements and other related systems/components.
o Secure project resources in the most cost effective manner and ensure tasks are completed at the appropriate time and take necessary action to mitigate schedule delays.
o Supervise and coordinate sub-contractors to assure proper installation of equipment and delivery of services.
o Work closely with Ascent’s clients and vendors to ensure on time, according to specifications, within budget implementation of projects.
· Consulting / Owner’s Rep responsibilities:
o Manage and/or perform analysis, evaluations and investigations of existing buildings’ power, lighting, life safety, communications and security.
o Prepare and review reports for design, operation and maintenance perspective including identification of items requiring remedial action and estimated repair costs.
o Provide supervision and project management support for existing data center operations.
o Troubleshoot emergencies, potential problems and issues, and organize and supervise resolution.
· Ongoing Operations Support
o Provide ongoing technical support, management and oversight of vendors as necessary.
o Continually develop local contractor network associations.
o Provide project status updates and awareness through all project phases through final payment/contract closeout.
· Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience. Construction management skills including: CAD/design review, implementation, and project management are necessary. Technical expertise relating to MEP and /or data centers is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience is preferred.
· Ability to review, understand, and interpret mechanical and architectural drawings to a level that allows the development of production documents. Familiarity with the National Electrical Code requirements, environmental requirements including hazardous material, spill prevention, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, and vendor maintenance.
· Exceptional project management and organizational skills. Strong analytical and decision-making skills and advanced troubleshooting and problem solving abilities. Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty, and effectively dealing with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Presents himself/herself well to customers with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, applying appropriate grammar; listen attentively before proposing solutions; present ideas in a logical, compelling manner in both small and large group settings; communicate technical information to a non-technical audience; and integrate large volumes of information from multiple sources.
· Sincere, bright self-starter with a strong desire for achievement and ambition who can demonstrate the ability to lead a team while being an excellent team player. Must be able to relate to Ascent’s company culture.
· Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the project schedule.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
This position reports to the Director, Engineering & Construction
All interested candidates should apply through the ad or visit www.ascent-corp.com and select the careers tab to apply for the position.
Ascent, LLC offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, casual work environment and more.
Ascent, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer