Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Prepares technical and construction specifications.
- Prepares engineering analysis for small/routine projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Assists upper level engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Supports company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET approved college or university.
- Valid State Driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Team Player.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to utilize engineering computer tools.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules to include on-call and call-outs.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.