Project Director will serve as the lead Project Manager for a multi-phased, complex software and hardware implementation in the healthcare domain.
PURPOSES OF THE PROJECT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reduce administrative cost
- Standardize treatment
- Identify health trends
- Promote reentry success
- Reduce errors resulting in potential litigation
- Ability to share treatment plans
- Support meaningful justice reform
- Easier Offender transfer
- Better healthcare outcomes
- Reduce duplication of services
- Reduce storage of paper records
- Improve consistency and efficiency
- Ability to make data driven decisions
THE GDC PROJECT DIRECTOR'S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist GDC business owner(s) in coordinating all State resources and providing directives to the AU/GCHC and Cerner Project Managers.
- Serve as the interface between AU Jaguar team, GCHC, and all GDC departments participating in this project.
- Assist GDC business owner(s) in selecting the staff for the GDC implementation team.
- Assist GDC business owner(s) in assigning duties and responsibilities for each GDC team member.
- Assist in developing the implementation schedule.
- Assist GDC business owner(s) in identifying staff to be trained for each location and coordinate site implementation schedule.
- With the AU/GCHC & AU Jaguar Project Managers, administer Project Change Control.
- Attend project status meetings.
- Review project status reports.
- Help resolve project issues and assist in escalating issues within the GDC organization, as necessary.
INDEPENDENT OF IMPLEMENTATION VENDORS, THE PROJECT DIRECTOR WILL:
- Support and Inform GDC Project Sponsors and Team
- Establish a structured approach to assessment, analysis, review, and evaluation of project deliverables
- Track approved vendor project deliverables per the SOW:
- Ensure the development of Project Plan, Communications Plan, Staff Plan, Documentation and Procedural Standards, Time Reporting Policies and Procedures, Project Meetings and Status Reporting Plan, Acceptance Criteria, and Change Control procedure.
- Execute all plans
Process Analysis and Re-engineering
- Ensure vendor provides client teams the know-how to establish effective independent testing strategies, including sampling and other targeted testing approaches, develop thorough plans including test cases, scripts, and expected results.
- Ensure completion of tests execution and report independent testing results.
Training Plan and Train Users
Implementation and Stabilization
Post Go-Live Onsite Leadership
Achieve Customer Acceptance
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to Project Sponsors and Executive Steering Committee
- Provide insight into all aspects of the project, with a focus on risk identification, analysis, and mitigation, and operations
- Provide objective feedback throughout all phases of the project
- Escalate issues and risks to project sponsors for critical decisions (impact to scope, cost, time)
- Partner with vendor and other assigned Project Managers to maintain flow of project information and provide clear guidance to project teams
- Conduct deliverable and artifact reviews to Stakeholders
- Manage Intellectual Property rights
Bachelor’s degree in CIS or related field
5+ years of experience managing large, complex, IT projects thru implementation to include the SLDC
Ability to quickly understand project tasks, timeline, proprietary and non-propriatary implementation methodologies
Ability to quickly engage and align with project stakeholders
Executive level presentation experience
PMP certification required
Advance Skills in MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel
Excellent writing skills
Experience developing and executing Project Plans (Scheduling, Quality, Communications, etc.)
Experience in Project Oversight, Vendor Management, Change Management, Process Re-engineering, and Governance
- Master of Science/ Information Systems
- Prior Project Management and operations experience with a State of Georgia agency
- Experience with Georgia Department of Corrections