Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Prepares technical and construction specifications.
- Prepares engineering analysis for small/routine projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Assists upper level engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Supports company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
- Performs analysis on equipment design, process conditions and work procedures to maintain equipment reliability.
- Works in tandem with Maintenance Technicians and Operators to troubleshoot plant issues.
- Leads Root Cause Investigations, Performance Improvement Teams, and Efficiency Audits on plant equipment and reports results to upper management.
- Lead interface between internal and external engineering, testing and technical groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering from and ABET accredited College or University.
- Valid State Driver's license.
* RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION *
Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
Strong hands-on equipment repair or troubleshooting experience.
Ability to maintain progress on long term projects while completing emergency and urgent plant needs.
Autocad software experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to utilize engineering computer tools.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules to include on-call and call-outs.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
- All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job, regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will also be included as safety sensitive. Individuals in positions in which driving is an essential function are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.’s Drug Testing Plan.
- This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.’s Drug Testing Plan.