Perform tasks at commercial and military installations to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, concrete, metal, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools. Must be comfortable working 40-70 feet above the ground, in a lift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construction work on commercial and military buildings.
- Install hollow metal frames and doors and wood frames and doors.
- Install commercial door hardware.
- Experience with all facets of carpentry, formwork, framing and finish.
- Build and install concrete formwork.
- Install reinforcing steel and place concrete per construction plans.
- Follow direction and work with other crafts.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Installing equipment and machines, to meet specifications.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and written work narratives a must.
- Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans and be able to lay-out the work.
- Ability to work in environment that involves heights.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Commercial Carpentry building trades.
- One (1) year experience operating a backhoe.
- Two (2) year experience with Concrete Formwork experience
- ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear
- Proof of insurance and acceptable driving record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Journeyman carpenter certificate.
- Forklift certification.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.